Friday, December 14, 2012

Holiday Visit with Sandi Patty


©Kim Thiel Photography
A few years back, Sandi Patty came to do a Christmas concert. It was on my sister's birthday, so she and I went together. We were lucky enough to get seats in one of the side boxes, so we felt like we were so close. 

Towards the end of the concert Sandi was talking about how much she loves Christmas and singing Christmas songs, but that loved listening to songs also. She started Silent Night and asked us to join in, all of us. A thousand of us. We all were singing and then Sandi stopped and listened. My sister and I stopped singing and just listened. It was awesome. There were harmonies, off key lines, and people that didn't know the words, but it was so beautiful. 

Sandi signed autographs afterward, and my sister and I were the last ones in line. We got to chat with Sandi for quite a while, and she was such an amazing person to talk to. I will never forget that night at the Fox Cities P.A.C. I have seen some amazing shows there, but that few moments when all of us joined together in song tops it all.

- Wendi, Brillion