Tuesday, July 31, 2012

She Still Talks About Clifford


When our daughter was born in 2009, I couldn't wait to take her to the Center for a show. I always loved seeing the little ones come through the building holding hands, yelling as loud as they can in the lobby and seeing the never ending pile of stairs to climb.

Last year, when Elsie was a little over 2 years old we went to see Clifford the Big Red Dog - LIVE! I told her Clifford was going to be at the place mommy works, and she was amazed! She was immediately engaged from the minute they came on stage (she's never sat still that long!), and she loved clapping and singing along. My favorite part was when they asked what the kids' favorite colors were, and she looked around in amazement at all of the kids announcing their favorite colors. Then about 30 seconds later she yelled, "Jingle Bells!"

She still talks about it whenever we read a Clifford book, wondering if he's going to be at my work that day. It's a memory I'll never forget and hopefully the start of a love of performing arts for her!

Kristin Schroeder
Graphic Designer at the Fox Cities P.A.C.
Greenville, WI